ICFC 7 – the Seventh International Conference on Fatigue of Composites
Vicenza, 4 – 6 July 2018.
Organized by the Department of Management and Engineering of the University of Padova
The series of International Conference on Fatigue of Composites aims to enhance interactions among scientists and engineers both from Academia, Research Institutions and end-use Industries, providing them with a forum for the communications and discussions on the recent exciting accomplishments and future trends in the field of fatigue, damage mechanics and fracture of composite materials.
This edition will continue the series of very successful previous conferences, which were held in Paris (1997), in Williamsburg (2000), in Kyoto (2004), in Kaiserslautern (2007), in Nanjing (2010) and again back in Paris (2015).
Conference Aims and Topics
The main conference topics can be summarised as follows:
- Experimental characterization of fatigue response of composites materials, structures and assemblies;
- Damage mechanics and fatigue damage mechanisms: quantitative description of the initiation and evolution process;
- Damage evolution and property degradation;
- Effects of process, manufacturing induced defects, environment, temperature, humidity on the fatigue response of composites;
- Variable amplitude, spectrum loading and cumulative damage modelling;
- Advanced experimental techniques for damage investigation;
- Health monitoring and non-destructive methods for fatigue damage detection and their applications;
- Models and procedures for damage evolution assessment, residual properties and life prediction;
- Applications and case histories: fatigue and property degradation in complex composite structures.